HOW TO BUY A HOME IN ONTARIO
What You Should Know About Buying A New
Home In Ontario
Buying a new home in Ontario can be rewarding; especially once you realize just how special the province is.
If you’re buying a new home in Ontario, George Sinclair Construction welcomes you to this fantastic province.
Soon, you’ll discover what many people already know: There’s no place quite like Ontario.
Things to Know About Buying a Home in Ontario
After you’ve purchased a new home in Ontario, your next step is to prepare for the move. Whether you’re moving across town or across the country, these easy-to-follow tips should make the journey a little less stressful:
Update any documentation with the following agencies:
- Service Canada
- Ministry of Health
- Canada Post
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Elections Canada
- Ministry of Transportation
Confirm your healthcare coverage:
- Healthcare regulations vary from province-to-province. Learn what the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) pays for.
Research your moving company
- Regardless of where you’re coming from, you want your movers to be professional and punctual.
Need additional information? Learn more on how to get started with your new home purchase.
Ontario is a Great Place to Live, Work and Grow a Family
Ontario has long been considered Canada’s epicenter for strong communities, terrific jobs, world-class education and family-friendly opportunities.
No matter where you settle in Ontario, you’ll always be close to:
- Ontario’s economy is strong with an unemployment rate of only 5.8% (compared to the Canadian average of 6.5%) and growing jobs in the healthcare, education and public service sectors
- There are over 70 provincial parks throughout Ontario (including a few near Trailside, our latest community in Niagara Falls). Also, you’ll find terrific local and family-friendly parks within each city in Ontario
- From kindergarten all the way to post-graduate studies, Ontario is home to some of the finest schools in Canada. In fact, the high-school graduation rates on the province are now at an all-time high of 85.5%
Fun things to see and do
- Majestic natural wonders. Thrilling amusement parks. Cool attractions. Amazing museums. All that – and more – can be found right here in Ontario