HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Buying A New Construction Home Is Exciting
Buying a newly built home from George Sinclair Construction is:
- Full of benefits over previously owned houses.
There’s no previous owner with emotional attachments to the house to contend with. When building and buying a brand new house, it’s just you and the builder.
So, if you’re thinking about purchasing a newly-built home, the following steps can help you get started.
Weigh the Pros of Buying a New Home
Many people buy a new construction house because nothing feels quite like being the first family to call it “home.” Of course, there are other advantages you should be aware of:
Everything is brand new
- Plumbing. Lighting. Heating. All the vital systems that make a home comfortable have never been used
Improved energy efficiency
- New homes are more energy-efficient than their pre-owned counterparts. That’s because they’re constructed using the latest building code standards
Research the Neighbourhood
Prior to buying a new home, visit the neighbourhood and take a walk around.
After all, it’s your neighbourhood.
Things you should look for include:
Quality of existing homes
- The new homes that have already been built give you a good sense of what yours will look like when it’s finished
Note the amenities
- Is a good school within walking distance? Is work a short drive away? Will it take extra time to visit the dentist? Check out the neighbourhood amenities and where they are
The process of starting to buy a new home is exiting, rewarding and truly life-changing.