Education in Hamilton
Speaking of which, there are many reasons why Hamilton is such a great place to live:
- Terrific job opportunities
- Tons of greenspace for families to enjoy
- Amazing entertainment options
- Fantastic art, history and culture to explore
Another reason Hamilton is an attractive city is the abundance of warm, inspiring and award-winning schools found throughout the city.
From pre-school to elementary school and high school to college and university, there’s plenty of great education to be found in Hamilton.
Plenty of schools to choose from
No matter what Hamilton neighbourhood you call home, you’re certain to find a terrific school for your kids.
Just take a look at these statistics, courtesy of the Hamilton page on Wikipedia:
- 114 public schools
- 55 Catholic schools
- 17 secondary schools
- 5 French immersion schools
- 2 colleges
- 3 universities
- 3 Christian high schools
And that’s not including specialty creative schools like the Dundas Valley School of Art (which is supported by the Art Gallery of Hamilton) or the Hamilton Conservatory for the Arts.
Simply put, in every corner of Hamilton, there’s a great school that’s just around the corner.
Highly ranked schools
Not only are there an abundance of schools in Hamilton, but many of them are highly ranked by the Fraser Institute, a well-respected national think-tank.
On average, here’s how Hamilton schools measure up:
- 7/10: Average Ontario rating of the top 20 elementary schools in the city
- 7.4/10: Average Ontario rating of the top 5 high schools in the city
Furthermore, the top elementary school in Hamilton (Rousseau, which is located minutes from Paradise Meadows) is in the top 12% of all schools in Ontario (2900 total).
Meanwhile, Hamilton’s highest ranked high school (Waterdown) is listed in the top 13% of all high schools in the province (740).
Add it up and you’ve got access to quality, best-in-class education right here in Hamilton.
Great schools near George Sinclair communities
Proximity to schools is a big factor when we decide where and when to build next.
Here’s a listing of some of the amazing schools you’ll find in our great quality home communities.
Located in the Greenhill section of the city, Vienna Orchards is surrounded by fantastic schools like:
- Luke (Catholic elementary school)
- Elizabeth Bagshaw (elementary school)
- Sir Wilfred Laurier (elementary school)
- Glendale (secondary school)
In the heart of Hamilton Mountain, DiCenzo Gardens is full of established schools such as:
- Pied Piper Co-Op (pre-school)
- Marguerite d’Youville (Catholic elementary school)
- James Macdonald (elementary school)
- Mountain (secondary school)
In addition to Rousseau (mentioned above), Paradise Meadows on the west mountain is home to:
- Hamilton District Christian (secondary school)
- Thomas More (Catholic secondary school)
- Ancaster Meadow (elementary school)
- A. Riddell (elementary school)
World-class higher education
When it comes time for your children to go to college or university, they don’t need to travel very far.
That’s because Hamilton is home to some of Canada’s finest institutions:
- McMaster University (30,000 enrolled students)
- Mohawk College (10,000 full-time students and 40,000 part-time students)
- Redeemer University College (1000 students)
These places of higher learning offer internationally renowned courses and degrees in a variety of fields.
For example, McMaster is famous for its medical school and seminary studies. Mohawk has strong business/marketing and apprenticeship programs. And Redeemer is known for its arts majors.
There’s no shortage of options when it comes to post-secondary education in and around Hamilton.
George Sinclair; a smart choice for your next home
There’s no doubt about it, Hamilton is a pretty smart city.
If you have kids and are thinking of moving here, you know the importance of having an inspiring and motivating school nearby.
We get it. We have plenty of parents on our team.
And schools are an important factor in deciding where we build next.
That way, you’ll never miss an update on our future home building projects.
You can also contact us with any questions you have about our homes or developments.